December 4, 2016
- Peluso Open Water Masters and SwimRVA Swim School
- Jay Peluso (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Collegiate School Aquatics Center
- 5050 Rdigedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234
- Phone: 804-212-1480
- 22-lane, 25-yard infoor pool with fully electronic timing system. 8-lanes will be used for competition
- The Standard Masters age groups will be used (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, etc).
- Relay events: 18+, 25+, 35+, 45+, etc. (10-year increments as high as necessary, determined by the age of the youngest relay member).
- $50 per swimmer. $40 if you purchase a much needed gift for the SwimRVA Swim School.
- You may enter as many events as you'd like
- There is no limit on the number of relays you can swim.
- Online entry is required except for relays which will be deck-entered.
- Includes catered lunch after the meet.
- The deadline for online entries is December 2, 2016.
- Relay entries will be deck entered prior to the start of the meet.
- Relay Forms can be found here
- No one will swim alone in a heat.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to entry time and heats will run slowest to fastest.
- Men and women will swim in separate heats.
- Relays will also be deck-seeded.
Warm-Up/Warm Down Procedures:
- The competition pool will be available for warm-ups at 8am with a 9am start time.
- Swimmers will be expected to cooperate with the Safety Marshal, who will monitor warm-up.
- There will be no diving during warm-up except in designated lanes.
- There will be 8-lanes available for warm-up/warm-down at all times during the competition.
- No diving will be allowed in these lanes once the meet has begun.
- The winner in each event for each age group will receive a gift to donate to the SwimRVA swim school in their name.
- The Jingle Bell Rock trophy -given to the top-scoring team.
- Hammerhead Award - given to any swimmer who competes in all 11 indiviudal events.
- Individual Events: 9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
- Relays: 18-14-12-10-8-6-4-2.
Jingle Bell Relay:
- The last relay of the meet will be a randomized jingle bell relay. A set of bells will be used as the baton. Each swimmer will draw a lane number out of a hat to make up the relays. This means swimmers from different teams, ages, abilities and genders will swim together for the final event. This event is not an official event and will not be scored, but it will be FUN!
Post Meet Social:
- SwimRVA will provide a catered lunch after the meet for all swimmers during the presentation of the gifts to SwimRVA Executive Director.