Have Questions? Please Contact Us

Email Us at PelusoOpenWater@gmail.com

 

River Levels Forecast

River Temperature

 

Open Water Swim Updates

 

Open Water Swims are done for 2013 - see you in April 2014!

 

Fri. 9/6/13 @ 10:30am - Perfect conditions for our OWS this evening.

 

Fri 8/23/13 @ 9:51am - We will be keeping a close eye on the weather during the day today. If we have to cancel the swim tonight due to lightning we will post by 5pm.

 

Tues 7/30/13 @ 3:30PM - OWS for tomorrow is at 6AM due to the American Legion Crab Feast in the afternoon. The new dock is in so no more mud to worry about!

 

Tues 7/17/13 @ 8:10AM - Tonight's open water swim is CANCELLED due to unsafe river conditions. We do have pool practice at GRAP at 6pm which will be open to our Open Water Program athletes.

 

Thu 7/11/13 @ 8:45pm - Due to poor river conditions tomorrow night's open water swim has been moved to Lake Salisbury. You can find directions here: Directions

 

Thu 7/11/13 @ 10:09am - Mother Nature just isn't playing fairly this season. We are keeping an eye on the river levels for Friday's open water swim. Stay tuned....

 

Fri 6/28/13 @ 3:23pm - Things are looking great for tonight's open water workout. Forecast is calling for 0% chance of precipitation from 6-9pm. River level is about 5.5ft and 80-degrees. Perfect.

 

Tue 6/18/13 @ 3:31pm - Tomorrow night's open water swim has been moved to Lake Salisbury. You can find directions here: Directions

 

Tue 6/18/13 @ 3:05pm - As it seems like we do every week these days, we are monitoring the river levels once again to be sure we are a go for tomorrow nights open water workout. Although the river forecast is bleak - the river itself looks good. Please monitor Facebook & Twitter for the most up to date info.

 

Thu 6/13/13 @ 6:16pm - Due to dangerous river levels we are forced to cancel our open water workout for tomorrow evening. We have a great practice scheduled in the 50m pool tomorrow morning so you can still get your swim workout in.

 

Saturday's Series Race #2 has also been postponed to Sunday, Sept. 29th. All entries will be automatically transferred to the new race date.

 

Thu 6/13/13 @ 3:48pm - We are closely monitoring river conditions in preparation for tomorrow's open water workout as well as Saturday's Series Race. Much will depend on the impact of this evening's storm. We will make a go/no-go decision on both events by 4pm Friday.

 

Fri 5/31/13 @ 12:17pm - Water level is steady at 5ft, water temp is a fantastic 79 degrees and the weather is absolutely perfect for tonight's open water workout.

 

Wed 5/22/13 @ 10:40am - Water level is 6ft and steady. Expect a current the same as last Friday evening. Water temp is a nice 74 degrees. We will watch for isolated T-Storms but the swim is on unless otherwise noted before 5pm.

 

Fri/ 5/17/13 @ 3:35pm - Water level and temp are great. Weather looks perfect. See you tonight at 6pm.

 

Fri. 5/17/13 @ 11:00am - We expect to be able to host our open water workout this evening. Stay tuned to our FB/Twitter pages for the latest updates.

 

Tues. 5/7/13 @ 1:25pm - Due to extremely high river conditions, Wednesday's open water workout is cancelled. We will have our regular pool workout at it's regular 6pm time slot.